Each project's Board consists of Lists and Tasks within these lists. So after creating a set of list you can start adding tasks.
You can assign users to tasks, define their timeframes, estimated time, priority and create checklists. Tasks can be moved between lists or even be moved to a different project.
Each project member can add and manage tasks on boards.
When lists are already created on a Board you can add tasks to these lists.
Click on the Add a task button under the specific list. Next, input the task's name and confirm your action by clicking on the Add task button.
You can create an unlimited number of tasks within the List. If you'd like to change the order of tasks or move them to a different list, you can click on it and drag it to a different position.
After creating a task you can click on it to open a full task view and start with filling in all needed details.
You can add tasks within other Project's views as well. Some types of views contain a plus button in the upper right corner and others contain a button "Add a task" at the bottom of the page.
After creating a task you can start with filling in its details. Each task contains the following details and functionalities:
- Name - the main title of the task. You can click on this field and update the task name at any time;
- Description - an optional field where you can describe a goal of a task, add instructions, or any other details you wish. You can click on this field and update the task description at any time;
- Progress - work progress on a task can be defined only manually. We provide such values as 0%, 25%, 50%, 75%, and 100%. As soon as you set progress to 100% task will be marked as completed.
You can update progress in a full task view or in the general Board view by clicking on the percentage value;
- Checklists - you can add a list of mini tasks and assign them to specific users. Elements from the checklists can be marked as completed but it won't automatically affect the progress of a task.
Each task from the checklist can be converted to a separate task, converted to a comment under its task, or deleted. Learn more
- Attachments - any files that refer to a task or will help you to work on it;
- List - shows name of the List task is currently assigned to. To move task to a different List click on the list name and select a new one from the dropdown menu. In order to quickly move task to the next List on the Board click on the arrow next to the List name;
- Completed status - you can mark task as completed by clicking on a "check" icon. The progress will be automatically increased to 100%;
- Estimated time - you can set a total estimated amount of hours to spend on a task or a daily estimated amount of hours. Optionally, you can skip the weekends;
- Assignee - users who are supposed to work on a task. Assigned users will receive notifications about all changes applied to the task.
You can assign or edit assigned users in a full task view or in the general Board view by clicking on the "user" icon;
- Priority - you can choose between Low, Normal, High and Urgent types of priority for better organizing your work.
You can assign or edit priority in a full task view or in the general Board view by clicking on the "flag" icon.
- Tags - you can assign tags created within the Workspace. Tags will help to filter any view you're using. Learn more
You can assign or edit tags in a full task view or in the general Board view by clicking on the "tag" icon;
- Start and Due date - timeframes when you are supposed to work on a task. It will help to properly locate the task in Timeline and Calendar views.
You can assign or edit timeframes in a full task view or in the general Board view by clicking on the "calendar" icon;
- Comment section - here you'll be able to communicate with other users working on this task and check the history of all changes applied to the task. You can filter the comment section to view only comments, only other activities or everything;
It is not possible to remove a specific section from the Task view. You can only collapse or expand Progress, Checklist, and Attachment sections.
Each project member can edit task's details.
Next to each task on the board, you'll find a "3 vertical dots" button. After clicking on it a drop-down list will appear where you can choose one of the following options:
- Duplicate task - allows to make a copy of a task with all its details within the list. Click on this option, input the name of a copied task, and confirm your action;
- Copy task link - allows to copy a link to a task and share it with other team members. Only users who have access to the Project will be able to open the link;
- Archive task - allows to remove a task from the board. Once a task is archived it is not possible to restore its data;
An eye icon in the upper right corner of the opened task means that you follow this task and receive notifications about any task changes. To unfollow the task click on the eye icon.
A strikethrough eye icon means that you don't follow this task and won't receive any notifications regarding this task. To start following the task click on the strikethrough eye icon.
It is not possible to unfollow a task if you're assigned to it.
We offer a few additional functionalities you can add to tasks. Addons can be enabled directly in the Projects view or in Workspace Settings.
Here is the list of functionalities you can add:
- Points - helps you to estimate the time you should spend on each task or its value. Learn more
- Votes - helps you gather opinions or reactions on a specific task. Learn more
- Recurring tasks - helps to automatically copy task on a custom basis. Learn more
- Work in progress limit - helps to set the limit of task listed on a board. Learn more
Each user can add and remove add-ons from projects.